top of page



You've been charged with a crime, what happens next?

1. You call 918-558-5580 to get an appointment. You won't be charged for meeting with us.

2. You get us retained to represent you.

3. We file whatever motions need to be filed and stand beside you in court. You won't have to be alone anymore.




Criminal Defense

Have you been charged with a crime, we handle all charges.

Civil Litigation

Do you need to sue someone, we can help, whether it's a land dispute, small claims dispute, or a complex contract dispute.


We handle cases from administrative appeals to appeals to the Supreme Court.

Need something off your background check, call to find out if you qualify.
Insurance Bad Faith

Has your insurance company wronged you, we maybe able to help.

Personal Injury

Have you or someone you know been injured in an accident, schedule a consult today.



We understand that if you are looking for a lawyer, things are not going as you planned.

We seek to provide professional, efficient legal representation, and advice to our clients.


We understand that litigation is stressful and in these times,

it's important to have representation that you can trust.


We have the experience and the expertise to handle your matter with the care it deserves.


We have a free consultation policy because we are sure that once you meet with us,

you will be convinced that we are the firm for you.


Frequently Asked Questions

I have a warrant for my arrest, what can I do?

You have two choices you can wait for law enforcement to come to arrest you, then post bond and try to hire a lawyer, OR you can hire a lawyer now, control when you turn yourself in so it doesn't ruin your life and have a lawyer argue for a lower bond and maybe save you money on the bondsman.

What kind of fees do you charge?


We charge a flat fee depending on the charges and where. That is the only fee we charge, we don't charge you more if you want to go to trial. You should never have to choose to give up a right to a trial because your lawyer wants to get more money from you. 


Whats the difference between hiring a lawyer and doing it myself?


We will never tell you that you have to have a lawyer because the law is that you can represent yourself, but you are held to the same standard as someone with a lawyer. So you are required to know the rules of evidence, all the laws regarding what evidence is legal to obtain or not. Hiring us, means we take the stress out of all that and do it for you, and stand beside you when you face a Judge or a Jury. 


Where do you practice?


We practice in Southeast Oklahoma, mainly McAlester, Wilburton, Poteau, Stigler, Atoka, Coalgate, Antlers, and Hugo, but we will go elsewhere if our clients need us to. Call today to discuss your options if your case is in another county or city. 


Matthew T. Sheets

Matt was born and raised in Oklahoma. He earned his Bachelor's of Science in Business at Oklahoma State University in 2007, before getting his Juris Doctorate from the University of Oklahoma in 2010.

He started his career as an Assistant District Attorney in Pushmataha County, where he gained trial experience and a working criminal law knowledge. He then went to work as an Associate for Gotcher and Beaver Law Firm in McAlester, with a varied practice from domestic law to criminal defense to personal injury.

In 2015, Matthew was appointed to serve as the Special District Judge for Pittsburg County. His dockets included criminal, small claims, mental health hearings and protective orders.

Throughout Matt's career, he has stood against injustice. He got in to the practice of law to help people and make sure that right to a jury trial was protected. Innocent until proven guilty means something, and it's worth fighting for.


He's admitted to practice in Oklahoma, Choctaw Nation Tribal Court, the Eastern, Northern and Western District of Oklahoma Federal Courts, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.  






P.O. Box 3547,

321 S. Third St. Suite 12, McAlester, OK 74501​

Tel: 918-558-5580

Fax: 918-515-7499


For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form:

Success! Message received.

bottom of page